Last Updated on September 27, 2022 by Findtricks
Now, we can use a CD or a DVD drive because we have a USB pen drive ad other flash storage devices and they all are easy to use its life is more than a CD, DVD, or floppy drive. But we use DVDs at one time while we format our PC or Laptop ad install a fresh windows operating system. What can they do who have a NO CD or a DVD drive on their desktop or laptop? So I have a solution to this problem. Why do we not use this method to install new windows or a Linux operating system?
5 Methods to Make Bootable USB Drive Easily
When a fresh Windows update is needed, booting the disk is necessary. This pen drive is a disk containing special computer files to boot or start a program or utility. In this situation, we need a Bootable USB Pendrive to continue Windows 10 installation process in order to install a Windows 10 operating system. When upgrading from older operating systems such as Windows 7 to Windows 10, a Bootable disk is required. However, we have to create a Bootable USB Pendrive if we downloaded an ISO file to install it on another computer.
Download Windows ISO Files – Click Hear.
Method 1 – Use CMD To Make It.
How to make it Pendrive is the most important question. To install Windows Server Essentials, Don’t worry You can build it easily without any trouble. The first step is to prepare the USB flash drive by using a command-line tool called Disk Part. See Disk Part Command-Line Options for information about Disk Part. It is not easy to normal windows users but that method does not require any third parties software but it is a hard method. If you did not any idea about CMD, so try another method. Don’t try it and take a risk with your important data.
Also Read –Best PUBG VPN Tricks | Free Skins
How to Use Command Prompt to make it.
- Insert a USD Drive into your computer or a Laptop.
- Open CMD. If you don’t know how to open CMD, Click on the windows icon which you see in wes south corner and search CMD. or an Open Run menu and type CMD and hit enter it will automatically open.
- Type in a CMD – diskpart
- When you hit enter new CMD will open and type a list disk and hit enter, there you can see all types of inserted disk storage devices on your computer. also, you can see there your USB Pendrive.
- Now you need to type select disk X, Where X is your disk name you need to replace it with your original disk name.
- Type clean and hit enter. That command will erase all data on your USB Pendrive so choose carefully.
- Then Type creates partition primary and press enter to make a USB Pendrive as your primary partition.
- Now select the partition which you just created and type select partition 1 and hit enter.
- Next. Type format fs=ntfs quick to format your USB Drive ( keep in mind to backup all Data of your USB Pendrive Before you do it process ).
- Type active ad hit enter to make partition active.
- Now copy your all windows installation data to your USB Drive.
- Then your Pendrive becomes a Bootable USB Pendrive which you can use to install windows on any laptop or desktop.
Method 2 – Use Rufus (Best Method, Prefer By millions of Pople)
This is a very easy and recommended method to make a USB Bootable Flash drive and also i have used it many times before. If you feel got trouble with Microsoft windows media creation too so you can use it definitely. it is our trusted app which is easy and safe to use.
- Download Rufus from the official website- Download
- After your download has been completed install and opens it.
- Open Rufus and you need to plug in your Pendrive.
- Now Select your USB drive. Choose your Target system types which you can see in the upper image.
- Select the ISO file which you have and which you can install on a PC or Laptop.
- Click the Start Button ad it will ask you to erase your Pendrive, So click on yes.
- The process will be started automatically and you will get a notification when it is finished.
- Done!! . Your Pendrive become a Bootable USB Pendrive, Plug in any PC or Laptop and easily install new windows.
Rufus is a very useful tool for making a bootable USB Pendrive and also it is an easy and best way to our preference.
Method 3 – Use Media Creation Tool (Official by Microsoft)
If you want to make a Bootable USB via the official way so that is the perfect and easy way. Media creation tools provided by Microsoft also online ISO download available. Media Creation Tools is free to use for everyone. You don,t need to pay money.
- It is very simple and easy to make a USB Bootable Pendrive but it necessary an internet connection and it will download windows by itself.
- Microsoft windows media creation tool.
- Install or Open tools and select Create an installation media from another computer.
- Click on next but don’t click on Upgrade this PC now. Now you can select which you need ISO or USB Flash Drive, So you need to select USB Flash drive and then enter on next. Keep in mind, it required 8 GB of disk space and a backup of your pen drive data because it will completely erase your Pendrive. We recommended always using a minimum 16 GB Pendrive to make a Bootable USB drive.
- The process will be automatically started and you will get a notification when it is finished.
- Done !!
- Your Pendrive becomes a Bootable USB Pendrive, Plug in any PC or Laptop and easily install new windows.
Method 4 – Use WinUsb maker.
This is another third parties app using which you can easily make a Bootable USB Drive. It is the fourth option to make, but I think it is not worked perfectly on windows 10, so you can use this method as the last option. But also it method has one benefit. It is available in a portable mode, so you don’t need to install any software on your PC or laptop. I have used it many times but on Windows 8 and windows 8.1. working perfectly on it. You can try it for windows 10 but we are not responsible for any damage to your laptop or PC, So use it carefully.
- Download it via the Official website of WinUsb Maker – Download
- It does not require installation because it is available in portable mode. Open WinUsb Maker and you can see the below image.
- Plug in your Pendrive which you can convert into Bootable Drive.
- Select your Pendrive into Compatible Devices section. Click on the refresh button if you do not see your Pendrive in the WinUSB maker.
- Now Click on the second menu as you can see on the left panel.
- Select “I want to work with my ISO file”. Then select which windows operating system you have and hit enter. the process will start automatically.
- Be patient, Because it will take around 8 to 10 minutes to complete your work and also you will get a notification when it is finished.
- Your Pendrive becomes a Bootable USB Pendrive.
- Plug in any PC or Laptop and easily install new windows.
Method 5 – Unetbootin
UNetbootin is the Universal Netboot Installer that allows you to create bootable USB drives without burning any CD, for both Windows, macOS, and Linux distributions. Alternatively, if you already have one version, or if the release you want isn’t on the list, you can have UNetbootin import one of the many software bundles available out-of-the-box for you or provide your own Windows or Linux iso file.
- Download Unetbootin.
- It is available for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Select your OS and Download It.
- Unzip the file and open Unetbootin.
- You can see a similar interface which is in the below image.
- Click on the Distribution check box.
- Now select the operating system which you want to make Boot Flash for your PC or Laptop.
- Click on the second tab and select the version of your operating system ISO.
- Select Disk image ISO or Database which you already have.
- Now select your Pendrive as a destination drive.
- Hit the OK button But Keep your Pendrive backup before you start this process.
- It will take some time to do it.
- Your Pendrive is ready.
- Plug in any PC or Laptop and easily install new windows.